Private plane crashed south of Metro Manila

@jules67 (2788)
Philippines
October 16, 2009 11:56pm CST
Just happened a few minutes ago between 12 NN - 1 PM. As my nephew went out of the house to bring food to my sister's house, he saw a plane, possibly a private 8-seater plane flying very low. He was wondering why? A few minutes ago, news spread that the plane crashed, somewhere in the residential area and it crashed at Villa Fidela Las Pinas - warehouse (possibly near las pinas where we live). We tuned in to the radio (DZRH), 4 bodies found dead.
2 people like this
18 responses
@paula27661 (15811)
• Australia
17 Oct 09
That is awful news! Fancy your nephew seeing the plane just a few minutes before! I’m in Australia and I haven’t had a chance to see the news yet. This is terribly sad. There have been a few plane crashes lately! My heart goes out to the families of the deceased.
@paula27661 (15811)
• Australia
17 Oct 09
Of course it could have been a lot worse. What a sad accident...
• Philippines
24 Oct 09
I have also watched the news about the plane crushed. And I asked my self maybe itd just an accident. How could we prevent it? Mayber the cause of the plain crashed was a deffect in the plane. I wonder for how many years of using a plane as a means of transportation their are still case of accidents. I dont know whats the problem with it? all i can say is i think before using a product and before using it we must always be ready.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
24 Oct 09
I think that people should really be more responsible and start caring for other people.
• Philippines
22 Oct 09
that's terrible. Maybe the private plane is not in good condition for use that's why it crashed or maybe the pilot is not an expert. In this situation, the plane is doesn't have a good quality because it had created an accident. For the safety we should always be careful in riding any transportation to be able prevent accidents like this. I think that the plane is not well repaired or maybe it lacks fuel. Thank God there are only few who are involved.
@SMacanas (12)
• Philippines
22 Oct 09
I saw the news on tv about what happen. It is best to have an over all check before taking off to insure the safety of the flight. Licensing agencies should be more strict in giving licence and also monitoring authorities inside the airports.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
24 Oct 09
I agree with you. They should be stricter so that lives will not perish. Thanks for your response.
• Philippines
22 Oct 09
I feel sorry for the victims of the accident. To think that it landed into a residential area. All I can do is to pray for the victims. May this accident not happen again. It's so sad to think that incidents like this cost lives of innocents. May all pilots be on safe landings.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
22 Oct 09
Thank you so much for offering your prayers to all the victims. It is really the best that we, outsiders can do.
@nylivuj (11)
• Philippines
22 Oct 09
Ofcourse we cannot stop accident because it comes and it goes but we can avoid or prevent it by simply checking and maintaining all the facilities before living or having an appointment. Because what have lost cannot be returned anymore, which is the life...
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
22 Oct 09
Thanks for your response. Happy mylotting.
@rsa101 (37968)
• Philippines
19 Oct 09
That is really a very unfortunate event to happen in a very crowded place such as Las Pinas. I hope the owner of these plane would be responsible enough to shoulder all the damage they created because of this.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
19 Oct 09
We really hope that Victoria Aviation will take the responsibility. Thanks for the comment.
@athomice (396)
• Philippines
17 Oct 09
It's in Las Pinas. 7 people board the DC-3 plane. I just saw it in the headlines in DZMM TELERADYO. I hope not so much damage and casualities.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
17 Oct 09
Yes you are right, there were 7 people that boarded on the plane. I remember that it was the vacant lot where the late President Corazon Aquino campained during the 1986 Snap Elections.
• Philippines
17 Oct 09
oh that's a sad news. Just yesterday, I heard another sad news, a guy jumped off from a building in Makati City... and the catch is, I live in that building.. It's really scary that someone could take his life by jumping 23 floors... I hope this never happens again. My mind is still whacked from what happened.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
17 Oct 09
Yes, it was so tragic to think that it was a residential area. Good thing, it crashed on a vacant lot. But the last news I heard, the plane's tail hit some kind of 14 houses. I also heard about this guy (I believed he was korean) jumping off the building. It this at this point in time
@mynestegg (519)
• Philippines
19 Oct 09
Oh wow. That's just incredible. It really proves that when it is your time, then it is your time. Who would think that something like that would happen? Life really is so short.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
20 Oct 09
Thanks for your comment.
• Philippines
20 Oct 09
Really? Maybe there's something wrong with the machine. every pilot should check there plane before getting off the land. The company who produces planes should always check their processes in making their plane. and they should see to it that the quality of the materials they are good.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
20 Oct 09
Some ignore the quality of the aircraft to the detriment of the people's lives. I consider that selfishness and insensitivity.
• Philippines
19 Oct 09
This issue could be force majeur or could possibly due to fortuitious event, no one could really know when things could possibly go wrong, as in the case of my cousin if i may share, which is a flight instructor in cebu, used to say, that he always think that his every flight could be the last, because there are lot of thing to be considered when flying an aircraft, like mechanical failure or pilot errors.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
19 Oct 09
Well we just hope that incidents like this will be avoided. Thanks for the comment.
@jahren (3)
• Philippines
19 Oct 09
For me what i cant say is that the machines here in the Philippines is a low class and its old enough to use it again and again and we do have luck of knowledge or resources to make new ships which is more compatible to use and to change our old ones that's why many of our ships here in our country if going down. if we look up, not only the airplane whose crushing down but also the big ships in the sea goes down, but! this is only just one reason why there are many accidents happened already in our country but we can't blame that because accident just came anytime anywhere even do how good beautiful your work is.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
19 Oct 09
Thanks for the comment. Happy mylotting.
21 Oct 09
We cannot stop accidents to happen but we surely can avoid this if we know how to take necessary precaution. We must be able to have a background on how to check them maintenance of our cars and other vehicles.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
24 Oct 09
Yeah accidents are something we cannot prevent. Airline companies should hire the best aircraft mechanics to prevent things from happening again.
@manong05 (5027)
• Philippines
17 Oct 09
Is that so, I will turn the TV on there might be a flash report about it. It's really sad when we hear accidents like this one happening. thanks.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
17 Oct 09
Yes, we are from the south just near airport. That is why my nephew accidentally saw the plane flying that low.
@bhanusb (5709)
• India
17 Oct 09
This a very sad news. You said,the plane cashed in a residential area. More life could be lost. This is the consolation. May God give the strength to the families of the deceased to bear this grieve.
@jules67 (2788)
• Philippines
17 Oct 09
It was a residential area, good thing that it fell on a vacant lot. But I heard that the tail skidded to some 14 houses.
@agv0419 (3022)
• Philippines
17 Oct 09
It is a shocking news I watched it a while ago that there's a private plane crashed. It is a sad news that there's casualties in that accidents.
@fhem10 (13)
• Philippines
5 Dec 09
I was not watching television lately because we are in an emergency palce, so I dont know what to say or comment here, but I will try to watch news to know whats happening in our world.